Friend, ask yourself…. If I died today, where would I spend eternity? This is the most important question you will ever answer. If you don’t know the answer to: Are you saved? you are in serious danger. Please let me share the following truths with you:
- Jesus said He is coming soon, God’s Judgement will be poured out, heaven and hell are real, you need a Savior. You will meet Jesus, either as your Savior or as your Judge.
- You can’t get to heaven because you are a good person. You cant get in because you are better than some people. Why? Because the Bible says: All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. Romans 3:23 In our sinfulness of breaking his law, we can’t be in Heaven where he is.
- There is only one way to an eternity in heaven. You can’t be good enough, work your way in, or pay your way in. No other god, religion, sect, or belief will get you into heaven. In John 14:6 Jesus said, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.”
- Romans 1:29 They were filled with all manner of unrighteousness, evil, covetousness, malice, full of envy, strife, deceit, murder, inventors of evil, disobedient to parents, foolish, faithless, heartless, ruthless…though they know God’s decree that those who practice such things deserve to die. This is the human heart condition without Jesus.
The Bible makes it clear that no sinful person can have eternal life. The only way to know for certain you are going to heaven is to have your sins forgiven. Since we can’t work them away, hide them from God, or be good enough, we need help. Jesus stands at your heart’s door and knocks.
Jesus is the sinless sacrifice that takes away the sin of the world, the only sacrifice that will satisfy God’s righteous judgement that we all deserve. Friend, the Bible says: If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, (you) will be saved.
I encourage you to confess your sins to God and to put your faith in Jesus as your Savior today right where you are. Call out to the Lord, humble your heart, and ask Him for forgiveness. There is no formula, you simply need to confess your sin, believe God raised Him from the dead, and put your faith in Jesus as your Savior. He accomplished all the work on the cross where He shed His blood for us 2,000 years ago to atone for our sins. Repent means to change direction…to do a 180. When you ask Jesus to be your Savior, you become a Christian, and receive the Holy Spirit to do His will and to be like Him, your old desires won’t be as desirable. The life you live now, will be for His glory. He will be your comfort and guide you in all righteousness. 1 John 2:6 says: whoever says he abides in Him ought to walk in the same way in which He walked. That is the fruit of the spirit….a life pleasing to God.
Here are some great first steps for a new follower of Jesus:
Find a church…a fellowship of believers that teaches the whole Bible and believes it is central to the Christian life. It’s imperative to find a fellowship that teaches biblically sound doctrine, so please contact us and we will be happy to help you know what to look for when searching for a Christ centered church.
Get a Bible for yourself and read it often because it’s the living word of God. The Gospel of John is a good place to start. If you need access to a Bible let us know, we can help you.
* If you get a moment….we would appreciate knowing if you asked the Lord Jesus to be your Savior. If you would like us to stand with you in prayer or seek more information on the Christian life and discipleship, contact us and we’d be happy to help.
All for Him:
Howard – Concerning The Times